Many of my Facebook friends have taken the initiative to post something they are thankful each day. I missed this trend and I don’t really want to feel confined to that kind of schedule, but I am truly thankful for my life that God gave me. Here’s a few things that come to mind tonight.
1. God. I know this sounds cliche but I am truly thankful for the ways that God reveals himself to me. I walk across campus and see the leaves changing colors and falling and I see the beauty that GOD planned.
2. Laughter. This makes number two on my list, because I love it so much. It doesn’t really matter who it’s coming from, but I like the sound of laughter. Life always seems a little better when there’s laughter in the air.
3. Tears. In the past, I thought tears were something to hide, but I’m starting to appreciate tears. It’s a way to let go of emotions rather than trying to be strong. When I cry it’s a physical reminder that I am not strong, but I know that God is strong enough for both of us.
4. Family. I don’t get to see them near enough, but a day rarely goes by that I don’t tell a story about one of the members of my small family. I may be able to count on two hands the number of family members that I actually know, but there’s plenty of love there.
5. Friends. Since I don’t get to see my family often, these people in my life pull me through. Each of them serve a different purpose in my life. I can’t begin to list them, but they each know who they are.
6. Church. This is similar to God, and it should probably be higher on the list. After laughter though I started going by train of thought. There are some weeks that if I know I can get to Wednesday or Sunday all will be good. I do study my Bible almost every day and talk to my roommate about what I or she is reading, but there’s just something special about being in church.
7. Music. Oh my. What would I do without this? It lifts me up and makes me think. I listen mostly to Christian, because why not listen to something positive if I’m going to put it in my head. I can’t really pick a favorite song, because it depends on my situation at the current moment.