Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching, and there are a plethora of anti-valentine’s day posts floating around the internet. I am single on this Valentine’s Day, but that is pretty normal for me, so I’ll buy my own chocolate and celebrate. In the spirit of Valentine’s Day I think I will create a list.
Attributes of the Perfect Guy In My Head.
1. He’s a Christian (follower of Christ. I can’t compromise on this one. The perfect guy loves God more than he loves me).
2. Non-smoker/non-drinker (It’s not that I am judging people who drink or smoke, but those are two things I will never allow myself to do. Therefore, I do not want to be married to some guy who does those activities. Smoking and drinking are pointless and gross in my opinion.)
3. Willing to wait (I don’t move very fast when it come to relationships of any type-even friendships).
4. Makes the first move (I’m a sorta shy person, and I have problems even approaching my boss with a question. The idea of approaching a guy with my feelings for the first time terrifies me. It’s not that I don’t believe girls can make the first move; it’s just that I am too shy to do that.)
5. Good listener (it really bothers me when people don’t hear what I am saying or interrupt me. I listen to people, so I expect the same in return.)
6. Makes me laugh (He doesn’t have to be the class clown or the most popular guy, but I think the perfect guy will be able to make me laugh.)
7. Loves me (This one should be higher up, but I don’t feel like rearranging the numbers. This one is very self-explanatory.)
8. Tells me when I am out of line (I don’t want my perfect guy to be afraid of me, and I don’t want to be afraid of him. Open communication between us even when it’s negative.)
9. Forgiving and forgivable (I make mistakes and I expect my perfect guy will as well. Forgiveness will be necessary coming and receiving.)
10. Doesn’t have to be perfect (The perfect guy in my mind does not have to be perfect all the time. I know people make mistakes and I don’t want someone who believes he is perfect. I want someone who can lounge in his pajamas as well as dress up nice. I want someone who can burp loudly as well as give a nice compliment. I want a guy who can eat his humble pie but has confidence. I want a real guy.)
*Side note: While certain guys do look nice to me, this list of attributes are more important than the way a guy looks. The perfect guy will look beautiful to me.